Booklish Recipe #5: Matilda Honey Oatmeal Scones
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together sour cream and baking soda. Set aside.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl.
- Cut margarine into chunks and place into flour mixture. Pour in honey. Using your hands, squeeze butter and honey into mixture until it becomes homogenous lumps.
- Mix in sour cream mixture and use your hands if necessary to mix well.
- Divide dough into 6 portions and roll into balls onto a baking sheet. Flatten each ball until about 1 inch thick.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until outside is very light brown.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy with some more honey or perhaps margarine!
One thought on “Booklish: Matilda Honey Oatmeal Scones Recipe”
To be honest, I’ve never been massively fond of scones, but I want to make these ASAP just because a. Matilda!!! and b. honey-oatmeal makes everything better. And I’m always looking for new breakfasty-snack recipes, too.
Out of practical curiosity, do you think using margarine actually alters the taste/consistency?